Monday, May 4, 2015

Vacation Time pt 2

So I'm going to cheat and just tell the story of the rest of the vacation without any details except the important ones.  Huh, you might say?

Here's the deal.  I failed the food choice test and jumped the shark on the scale.  Friday morning weigh in was a bit disappointing as it rang in at 240lbs. 

I did workout on Wed and Thurs but then the rest of the vacation was a bust when it came to getting any exercise.  Weds was a meeting with Lorinda, we threw some iron around.  Thurs was cardio walking with the weight vest for two miles at a quick pace.

I indulged in a fish burger with curly fries one day, and a rice bowl another.  There were roast beef and turkey sandwiches.  Even a chili cheeseburger made an appearance.  I did go to friends for a game day but was actually somewhat conservative compared to past gatherings.  I did go for a meal that I've had on my list of "want this but shouldn't eat this", chicken teriyaki.  So I got that out of my system for another year or so.  And then on the Sunday game day I did fairly well but still over did it a bit.  I try not to eat a big meal Sunday evening and I did okay but I could have made a better choice.

So what did I learn this time?  Not much frankly other than I know what I did wrong, but still it felt good.  I will have to get back on the wagon and then work my way back to doing the right thing.

Ah well new month and new attitude to work on.  Of course it doesn't hurt that kettle bell is only a day away.  Bring it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment