Thursday, May 14, 2015

Not feeling it or I ate a McDonalds hamburger and fries tonite

So just not feeling it this week.  Huh?  I'm not sick but I just don't feel like being myself.  I was good all last week (after vac) but this week not so much.  And next week is my annual game convention weekend.  It's going to be one long bad for my health time.  For five days I'll drink booze, eat until I can't eat anymore (at times) and spend hours sitting at a table doing nothing but rolling dice.  Not a very healthy life style.  Fortunately it's only for five days.

This week though I've only gone to the gym once (kettle bell yay) and will meet with Lorinda on Sat to at least get one more workout in.  Then Sunday I'll do something I hope, followed by a Tues kettle bell and then it's over until the following week.

I will say that I just haven't felt that drive that keeps me going to the gym.  Maybe it's time for a break and of course the coming week would qualify as a break.

I did buy some new shoes specifically for riding my bike so I am looking forward to trying them out.  My hope is that they will help me push myself to ride better and more efficiently.  I'm looking forward to better weather as I'm really not a fan of rainy bike riding. 

So definitely feeling a bit of guilt over not working out but at the same time I know it's not the end of the world.  I just need to re-focus.

Here's a workout that Lorinda put together for me:

This is a mix of weights and abs.  I suggest doing these as supersets.  Do each exercise once all the way thru and then repeat.  If you're short on time just one time thru is a good workout.

Bench press: 10-12 reps with a heavy weight  ( I used 25lbs)
Lat pull down: 10-12reps  again a heavy weight ( I used 80lbs)
Now do abs (any abs exercise that will allow you to do 25 reps)
Bicep curls: 10-12 reps (I used 20lbs)
Overhead press: 10-12reps (20lbs)
Abs: 25reps
Lateral raise: 10-12 reps ( I used 10lbs) standing with your arms at your sides palms facing each other raise your arms vertical to shoulder height and back down that's one rep.  You'll want to use a lighter weight for this.
Kettle bell high pull: 10-12reps (25lb KB) stand with the kettle bell directly in front of you and grip the "horns" over hand (palms facing down) pull the kettle bell up with your elbows extending out to the sides stop when the KB is chest high.
Abs: 25reps
Hammer curls: 10-12reps (15lbs) curl like you did for the bicep curls but with your palms facing each other.  Like you are hammering a nail.
Triceps extensions: 10-12reps ( 12lbs) you should be a bit tired by now so the weight should be lighter so you can keep your form.  Standing up, hold the weights over your head with your arms extended.  Now lower the weights behind your head bending at the elbow.

If you choose to do another set you should do a set of abs here and then rest before repeating the workout for another superset.  You can repeat this up to 4x.  So far I've made it thru just one superset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment